LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An event in La Crosse Wednesday focuses on moving towards a sustainable future.
The Sustainability Showcase at Western Technical College taught participants how the MPower sustainability model works for businesses, schools and communities. MPower is a one-year program to help businesses and organizations become more environmentally friendly while creating a healthier workplace and community.
The third annual event featured businesses that took part in last year's program.
“By committing to this, they start to look at their own organization and ask real candid, honest questions. What did they really have to do? What did they have to learn?” said Western Technical College President Lee Rasch.
MPower organizers hope to bring in ten new participants for this year's program.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off