LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An event in La Crosse Wednesday focuses on moving towards a sustainable future.
The Sustainability Showcase at Western Technical College taught participants how the MPower sustainability model works for businesses, schools and communities. MPower is a one-year program to help businesses and organizations become more environmentally friendly while creating a healthier workplace and community.
The third annual event featured businesses that took part in last year's program.
“By committing to this, they start to look at their own organization and ask real candid, honest questions. What did they really have to do? What did they have to learn?” said Western Technical College President Lee Rasch.
MPower organizers hope to bring in ten new participants for this year's program.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies