LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An event in La Crosse Wednesday focuses on moving towards a sustainable future.
The Sustainability Showcase at Western Technical College taught participants how the MPower sustainability model works for businesses, schools and communities. MPower is a one-year program to help businesses and organizations become more environmentally friendly while creating a healthier workplace and community.
The third annual event featured businesses that took part in last year's program.
“By committing to this, they start to look at their own organization and ask real candid, honest questions. What did they really have to do? What did they have to learn?” said Western Technical College President Lee Rasch.
MPower organizers hope to bring in ten new participants for this year's program.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizare car crash