LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An event in La Crosse Wednesday focuses on moving towards a sustainable future.
The Sustainability Showcase at Western Technical College taught participants how the MPower sustainability model works for businesses, schools and communities. MPower is a one-year program to help businesses and organizations become more environmentally friendly while creating a healthier workplace and community.
The third annual event featured businesses that took part in last year's program.
“By committing to this, they start to look at their own organization and ask real candid, honest questions. What did they really have to do? What did they have to learn?” said Western Technical College President Lee Rasch.
MPower organizers hope to bring in ten new participants for this year's program.
- House GOP abruptly pulls troubled health care bill
- Suspect identified in quadruple Wisconsin shooting
- La Crosse Central student saves choking friend
- Walker calls for House vote on health care bill
- Walker, Scott place friendly bet on Wisconsin-Florida game
- Wisconsin lawmakers target lawmaking to lobbying path
- Muslim civil rights group calls on public to fight bigotry
- Mayo helps reunite boy battling cancer with lost teddy bear
- Man charged with leaving crash scene where friend died
- Police find 2 bodies in central Iowa home