LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - You may notice new screening procedures as you head through the La Crosse Regional Airport.
The Transportation Security Administration installed new advanced imaging technology at the check point.
The new screening equipment safely screens passengers for weapons and other threats without any physical contact, making screening passengers more efficient.
The airport director says having this equipment will enhance the passenger experience at the airport.
"This is critical for the passenger experience. Obviously passengers are used to seeing this technology at the larger airports and to have it here locally is very important to us," said Clinton Torp.
All commercial airports in Wisconsin are now equipped with the technology.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently