LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Power outages left some La Crosse students in the dark for about half an hour.
The School District of La Crosse lost power to seven buildings on the south side of the city. Hintgen, Spence, and State Road elementary schools, Central High School, Hamilton, Southern Bluffs and the Hogan Administrative building all lost power Wednesday morning.
District administrators say most students and classes were unaffected by the outage.
"It was just right at the start, and some of the elementary school students were still arriving. So their normal procedure at that time was they were outside already, so there really weren't a lot of changes other than a normal daily operations at that point,” said La Crosse School District Buildings and Grounds Manager Jason Showen.
School administrators say in the event of an outage during school hours their first concern is safety.
- Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration transfer oversight of hospitals, Viterbo University
- Republicans say Democratic governor could block Foxconn
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager
- 13 train cars derailed north of La Crescent Sunday
- Legislators to take comments on relaxing air pollution rules
- Wisconsin school, district report cards issued for 2016-17
- Some school performance reports called into question
- Democratic lawmakers tour Wisconsin juvenile prisons
- Hamilton Elementary students eat their way through the alphabet with the ABC Feast
- Holmen students eat ham raised by Holmen FFA club