LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department is opening their doors this weekend to those looking for a warm place to stay in this week's harsh temperatures.
The Department's north side Community Policing Center Station Number two will be made available for people Thursday through Saturday night.
Space is offered on a first-come first-serve basis. There are 15 cots available and additional space for others to warm up.
"All in all, what we want to do is to make sure that everybody is safe, that they have a place to go that's warm and that they're going to be protected from the elements,” said La Crosse Police Department Sergeant Tom Walsh.
The warming center is open from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. each night.
This is the second time the warming center opened this winter season.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab