LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department is opening their doors this weekend to those looking for a warm place to stay in this week's harsh temperatures.
The Department's north side Community Policing Center Station Number two will be made available for people Thursday through Saturday night.
Space is offered on a first-come first-serve basis. There are 15 cots available and additional space for others to warm up.
"All in all, what we want to do is to make sure that everybody is safe, that they have a place to go that's warm and that they're going to be protected from the elements,” said La Crosse Police Department Sergeant Tom Walsh.
The warming center is open from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. each night.
This is the second time the warming center opened this winter season.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting