LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department is opening their doors this weekend to those looking for a warm place to stay in this week's harsh temperatures.
The Department's north side Community Policing Center Station Number two will be made available for people Thursday through Saturday night.
Space is offered on a first-come first-serve basis. There are 15 cots available and additional space for others to warm up.
"All in all, what we want to do is to make sure that everybody is safe, that they have a place to go that's warm and that they're going to be protected from the elements,” said La Crosse Police Department Sergeant Tom Walsh.
The warming center is open from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. each night.
This is the second time the warming center opened this winter season.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- Mayo Clinic Health System making switch to Epic medical record software
- La Crosse's Losey Boulevard speed limit reduced to 25
- Koenig, Thomas find NBA homes
- Officials: Poisonous hemlock spreading in parts of Minnesota
- Walker to promote Wisconsin cheese in statewide tour
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off