LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department is opening their doors this weekend to those looking for a warm place to stay in this week's harsh temperatures.
The Department's north side Community Policing Center Station Number two will be made available for people Thursday through Saturday night.
Space is offered on a first-come first-serve basis. There are 15 cots available and additional space for others to warm up.
"All in all, what we want to do is to make sure that everybody is safe, that they have a place to go that's warm and that they're going to be protected from the elements,” said La Crosse Police Department Sergeant Tom Walsh.
The warming center is open from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. each night.
This is the second time the warming center opened this winter season.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners