LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department is opening their doors this weekend to those looking for a warm place to stay in this week's harsh temperatures.
The Department's north side Community Policing Center Station Number two will be made available for people Thursday through Saturday night.
Space is offered on a first-come first-serve basis. There are 15 cots available and additional space for others to warm up.
"All in all, what we want to do is to make sure that everybody is safe, that they have a place to go that's warm and that they're going to be protected from the elements,” said La Crosse Police Department Sergeant Tom Walsh.
The warming center is open from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. each night.
This is the second time the warming center opened this winter season.
- Annual legislative breakfast addresses local, state issues
- Sparta woman caught on surveillance stealing CMN donation box
- Westby students protest for principal on administrative leave
- House GOP abruptly pulls troubled health care bill
- Allen busts out to lead Florida past Wisconsin into Elite 8
- Winona area public school district facing tough budget cuts
- Dance for HOPE brings awareness of suicide
- Mississippi Valley Conservancy celebrates 20-year anniversary
- La Crosse mayor bringing neighborhoods together
- Iowa officials agree to help Medicaid firms with shortfall