The La Crosse area Neighborhood Watch Groups in partner with the La Crosse Police Department will host the 17th annual National Night Out block parties on Tuesday.
For the past 31 years, Neighborhood Watch Groups in over 16,000 communities around the nation, including nearly 38 million people, have been participating in National Night Out (NNO), which is designed to:
1) Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness.
2) Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs.
3) Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships.
4) Send a message to the criminals that a neighborhood is organized and fighting back.
This year’s locations for the NNO block parties in the city of La Crosse are:
- 3456 & 3458 Woodbridge Court: 5:30PM – 8:00PM
- 306 Rose Street – Garage in Alley: 5:00PM – 8:00PM
- Avon & Gould Streets – Yard on corner lot: 6:00PM – 8:00PM
- 17th Street – From Cameron Avenue south to alley: 5:00PM – 7:00PM
- Alley behind 1214 20th Street S.: 5:30PM – 7:30PM
- 21st Street – Between Weston & Barlow Streets: 5:00PM – 7:00PM
- Elite Repeat – 16th& Jackson Streets: 5:30PM – 7:30PM
- Our Saviors Lutheran Church – 7th& Division Streets: 5:00PM – 7:00PM
- Viterbo Courtyard: 5:00PM – 6:30PM
- 2300 Pine Street: 5:30PM – 7:30PM
- Southside Library – Parking lot: 5:00PM – 7:30PM
- 2410 Aspen Court: 6:00PM – 8:00PM
The Onalaska Police Department will also be hosting an annual National Night Out program on Tuesday from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Quincy Street Park. There will be events for families including the $1 hot dog meal, various games, petting zoo, water wars, and a car wash.