GEYERSVILLE, Cal. (WKBT) - La Crosse native, Debra Mathy, owns Dutcher Crossing Winery in Geyersville, California.
Due to growing concerns for nearby wildfires, News 8 contacted Mathy to find out the status of her family, staff and winery.
"Thank you for reaching out and sharing the concern folks back in La Crosse have for the Winery, my crew and I," Mathy said in an email. "As you have heard, numerous wildfires have ravaged parts of Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, Lake and Yuba counties, and continue to do so. Our Dutcher Crossing family is lucky to share that at the moment we and our winery are safe. As this is an unprecedented fire for California, My winemaker and I continue to monitor the conditions to help keep our families and staff out of harms way. However, many of our neighbors are not as fortunate. Right now, we are focusing all of our efforts on supporting those members of our community and industry that have been displaced due to the wildfires in any way that we can. Thank you and the many people of La Crosse for reaching out to check on our well-being I appreciate it greatly."
As the wildfires continue to spread, we will share updates on the status of Dutcher Crossing Winery and the Mathy family.
- Walker to launch re-election campaign Nov. 5 in Waukesha
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Wisconsin prison head says more space needed
- Hall of Fame QB Bart Starr to attend Packers game vs. Saints
- Minnesota State considers changing tuition policy
- Watt brothers' Badgers bobblehead unveiled
- Receptionist's family sues over fatal Minnesota school blast
- Iowa City bans smoking, chewing tobacco in all city parks
- Search to resume for missing boater