Eleven candidates ran for the seat. News 8 will bring you reaction from Kabat and Farmer during News 8 at Ten.
The Spring Election is on April 2, 2013.
There are 11 candidates in the La Crosse mayoral election: Michael Brown, Doug Farmer, Bill Feehan, Tim Kabat, Randy Magno, Dae Miles, Craig Nestor, Chris Olson, Jon Olson, Rich Smith and Robbie Young.
We asked all 11 candidates the same 10 questions and provided them equal time to respond.
News 8 also gave the candidates an opportunity to appear live on News 8 at Five in separate interviews in the three weeks leading up to the Primary Election.
Here is the list of when the candidates will appear:
1/29 - Randy Magno
1/31 - Craig Nestor
2/01 - Dae Miles
2/04 - Rich Smith
2/05 - Mike Brown
2/06 - Robbie Young
2/08 - Tim Kabat
2/12 - Jon Olson
2/13 - Chris Olson
2/15 - Bill Feehan
Doug Farmer declined News 8's interview opportunity.
The Primary Election is on February 19, 2013. The Spring Election is on April 2, 2013.
Incumbent Mayor Matt Harter announced in November that he would not seek a second term.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016