Eleven candidates ran for the seat. News 8 will bring you reaction from Kabat and Farmer during News 8 at Ten.
The Spring Election is on April 2, 2013.
There are 11 candidates in the La Crosse mayoral election: Michael Brown, Doug Farmer, Bill Feehan, Tim Kabat, Randy Magno, Dae Miles, Craig Nestor, Chris Olson, Jon Olson, Rich Smith and Robbie Young.
We asked all 11 candidates the same 10 questions and provided them equal time to respond.
News 8 also gave the candidates an opportunity to appear live on News 8 at Five in separate interviews in the three weeks leading up to the Primary Election.
Here is the list of when the candidates will appear:
1/29 - Randy Magno
1/31 - Craig Nestor
2/01 - Dae Miles
2/04 - Rich Smith
2/05 - Mike Brown
2/06 - Robbie Young
2/08 - Tim Kabat
2/12 - Jon Olson
2/13 - Chris Olson
2/15 - Bill Feehan
Doug Farmer declined News 8's interview opportunity.
The Primary Election is on February 19, 2013. The Spring Election is on April 2, 2013.
Incumbent Mayor Matt Harter announced in November that he would not seek a second term.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers