LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse manufacturer broke ground Wednesday on a multi-million dollar expansion.
The $7.5-million addition at DuraTech Industries will expand the facility by about 50-percent. Industry officials say the expansion will result in at least 40 new jobs over the next four years.
The industrial printing company will add more than 47,000 square feet to their location. DuraTech's president says the expansion is overdue.
"We started planning for the building about a year and a half ago, and then once I caught the maintenance team putting a press into half of our lunch room I knew it was time that we needed to get serious about doing a plant expansion,” said DuraTech Industries President Peter Johnson.
The expansion is expected to be completed next January.
DuraTech officials say the company could add up to 200 jobs after the expansion is completed. The company already has a dozen positions available for applicants as well.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather