LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse manufacturer broke ground Wednesday on a multi-million dollar expansion.
The $7.5-million addition at DuraTech Industries will expand the facility by about 50-percent. Industry officials say the expansion will result in at least 40 new jobs over the next four years.
The industrial printing company will add more than 47,000 square feet to their location. DuraTech's president says the expansion is overdue.
"We started planning for the building about a year and a half ago, and then once I caught the maintenance team putting a press into half of our lunch room I knew it was time that we needed to get serious about doing a plant expansion,” said DuraTech Industries President Peter Johnson.
The expansion is expected to be completed next January.
DuraTech officials say the company could add up to 200 jobs after the expansion is completed. The company already has a dozen positions available for applicants as well.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash