LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) -

A fire in La Crosse leaves a family of three homeless on this holiday. 

Firefighters responded to a fire on the 1700 block of Winnebago Street at about 5 p.m. on Monday. 

When crews arrived, light smoke was seen coming from the front door and a moderate amount of smoke was coming from the back of the house. Firefighters found the fire in the basement crawl space. 

The home has moderate fire and smoke damage. The cause of the fire appears to be a malfunctioning gas-feed boiler. No one was injured in this fire. 

The American Red Cross is assisting this family by providing food and household items. The Red Cross said it will continue to provide assistance while the family works to get back on their feet.