LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Habitat for Humanity is building two new homes in La Crosse and they are looking for potential homeowners to partner with.
According to a press release, informational sessions will be hosted at the Habitat ReStore, 3181 Berlin Drive in La Crosse on Wednesday, Nov. 15 at 10 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 16 at 6 p.m., Friday, Nov. 17 at 3 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 18 at 10 a.m.
After each session, staff and volunteers will be available to help complete a Homeowner Application. Details of what applicants will need to bring with them are available here.
If you are unable to attend an informational session, and would like to apply, call 608-785-2373, extension 104 or email your request to email@example.com.
Applications are due by Friday, Dec. 1, the release said.
Partner families are selected based on their present housing need, willingness to partner with Habitat for Humanity, including completing at least 350 hours of "sweat equity", ability to pay the interest-free mortgage, and residency in this community for the past 12 months.
- Human remains found in Juneau County
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits