LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Center officials are getting a 3-D look at what the arena could look like when renovations are complete.
Architects presented a revised set of drawings and 3-D model of their plans for the La Crosse Center Wednesday afternoon, incorporating some of the ideas that came out of last month's visioning sessions for the project.
However, La Crosse Center director Art Fahey says if the renovations were done as presented, the project would be several million dollars over budget.
"There were a couple of schemes that they were looking at, and within the schemes there are a lot of options. So as we were looking at that, it was kind of daunting because the amount of information they provided was pretty extensive. So now we've just got to as a staff and a board we've got to whittle this down," said Fahey.
The La Crosse Center board is tentatively scheduled to have another meeting next Wednesday to see where they can make some cuts to the plans.
The project has a budget of about $42 million.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Ethics complaint against Town of Campbell Chair withdrawn
- Trempealeau Co. officials upset with DA, turn to Walker
- Two La Crosse businesses receive Travel Green Wisconsin awards for green practices
- Xcel Energy teaches about bioenergy production in La Crosse
- Senate committee to vote on hemp farming bill
- Wisconsin agency leaders working on problems in Foxconn deal
- Minnesota files Amazon bid; offers no details
- Report: $5.4 million in questionable UW transactions
- Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record