The La Crosse Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps placed 9th with a score of 89.600 at the Drum Corps International (DCI) Championships World Class Finals on Saturday, August 9 in Indianapolis.
"The performances were full of emotion and precision, led by our remarkable color guard, which finished ranked in 4th place on finals night," said Blue Stars Executive Director Brad Furlano.
This year's performance is an improvement from the the 2013 DCI Finals where Blue Stars placed 12th with a score of 85.45 and the color guard also finished ranked in 12th place.
"We are very pleased with the 2014 season," Furlano said. "The members, staff, and volunteers all worked hard to make 'Where the Heart Is' a very special show for the organization. The members poured their heart and soul into the show and the fans in Indianapolis and across the country responded with great enthusiasm and appreciation to their performance."
This is the 50th anniversary season of the La Crosse Blue Stars.
"It was a year-long celebration of the remarkable journey of the Blue Stars that brought together hundreds of alumni and fans," Furlano said. "The 2014 Blue Stars embraced their role as the 50th Anniversary ambassadors and performed wonderfully."
The members started heading home on Sunday. Blue Stars staff are already starting to plan for the 2015 season. Auditions will take place in November.
DCI Championships World Class Finals results:
- Blue Devils; Concord, CA; 99.650
- Bluecoats; Canton, OH; 97.175
- The Cadets; Allentown, PA; 96.875
- Santa Clara Vanguard; Santa Clara, CA; 96.075
- Carolina Crown; Ft. Mill, SC; 95.675
- The Cavaliers; Rosemont, IL; 93.675
- Phantom Regiment; Rockford, IL; 91.425
- Blue Knights; Denver, CO; 91.150
- Blue Stars; La Crosse, WI; 89.600
- Boston Crusaders; Boston, MA; 88.950
- Madison Scouts; Madison, WI; 87.575
- Crossmen; San Antonio, TX; 86.225
DCI made the Finals awards ceremony available via live streaming on YouTube and also has it available on-demand for free.