LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UPDATE: Authorities release the names of those involved in a fatal car accident Tuesday morning.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Office said Maria J. Gartner, 26, died at the scene and David S. Sanders, 32, was injured and transferred to a hospital.
Authorities said a pick-up truck traveling east on County Highway FO appears to have crossed the center line and struck an oncoming car.
The driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck was transported to Gundersen Medical Center for treatment.
There were no other passengers in either vehicle, police said.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is assisting the La Crosse County Sheriff's Office with reconstruction of the accident.
The head-on crash between a pick-up truck and a car happened at around 6 a.m. Tuesday on County FO, between County Road F and County Road OA. Law enforcement closed that stretch of road off to traffic to allow investigators to work.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Ethics complaint against Town of Campbell Chair withdrawn
- Trempealeau Co. officials upset with DA, turn to Walker
- Two La Crosse businesses receive Travel Green Wisconsin awards for green practices
- Xcel Energy teaches about bioenergy production in La Crosse
- Senate committee to vote on hemp farming bill
- Wisconsin agency leaders working on problems in Foxconn deal
- Minnesota files Amazon bid; offers no details
- Report: $5.4 million in questionable UW transactions
- Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record