LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - The City of La Crescent is looking for some input when it comes to developing its downtown area.
La Crescent's Chamber fo Commerce, Economic Development Committee and City Planning Commission held a community meeting Wednesday night to talk about some of the ideas for redevelopment being proposed by a group of consultants.
La Crescent Planning Commission Chairman Donald Smith says members of the community have been clear in their desire to grow the downtown area into a destination location, and putting together a plan is the first step in the process.
"If we're going to ask developers to develop in our city and to give the community what it would like, which is more commercial opportunity and a more attractive downtown, the city has to have a plan, it encourages developers to invest," said Smith.
The ideas being proposed range from streetscaping to making it easier to walk from business to business.
City officials say more discussions will be held before any plans are finalized.
- Riders for Survivors raises money for Livestrong program
- Craft brewers fear last-minute regulations in budget
- Despite rain, Tomah Tractor Pull draws thousands
- Mississippi Valley Conservancy hosts Trail Trek Challenge
- Got Energy Triathlon tests athletes
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans