LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - The City of La Crescent is looking for some input when it comes to developing its downtown area.
La Crescent's Chamber fo Commerce, Economic Development Committee and City Planning Commission held a community meeting Wednesday night to talk about some of the ideas for redevelopment being proposed by a group of consultants.
La Crescent Planning Commission Chairman Donald Smith says members of the community have been clear in their desire to grow the downtown area into a destination location, and putting together a plan is the first step in the process.
"If we're going to ask developers to develop in our city and to give the community what it would like, which is more commercial opportunity and a more attractive downtown, the city has to have a plan, it encourages developers to invest," said Smith.
The ideas being proposed range from streetscaping to making it easier to walk from business to business.
City officials say more discussions will be held before any plans are finalized.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law