LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - The City of La Crescent is looking for some input when it comes to developing its downtown area.
La Crescent's Chamber fo Commerce, Economic Development Committee and City Planning Commission held a community meeting Wednesday night to talk about some of the ideas for redevelopment being proposed by a group of consultants.
La Crescent Planning Commission Chairman Donald Smith says members of the community have been clear in their desire to grow the downtown area into a destination location, and putting together a plan is the first step in the process.
"If we're going to ask developers to develop in our city and to give the community what it would like, which is more commercial opportunity and a more attractive downtown, the city has to have a plan, it encourages developers to invest," said Smith.
The ideas being proposed range from streetscaping to making it easier to walk from business to business.
City officials say more discussions will be held before any plans are finalized.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse