LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Kwik Trip has signed an agreement to acquire the assets of PDQ Food Stores.
PDQ is an employee-owned company based in Middleton that owns 34 company-operated convenience stores in southeastern Wisconsin. The announcement was made Wednesday morning in a press release.
According to the press release, “This acquisition allows Kwik Trip to expand its presence in a market that is important to its overall retail growth strategy” “The PDQ management and employees have built an excellent brand over their 65 years in business and are well known for their excellent customer service and convenience.”
“With the acquisition of PDQ and future remodel of the PDQ locations we anticipate adding more than 1,000 jobs,” said Mark Zietlow, real estate manager and third generation owner.
The transaction is scheduled to be completed in early October and is subject to PDQ employee approval and other customary closing conditions. Kwik Trip plans to operate the acquired stores under the existing PDQ banner until planned remodels and reimaging are completed in mid-2018.
Kwik Trip is a family-owned company based in La Crosse, that was founded in 1965 in Eau Claire.
- Viola man killed in Vernon County motorcycle accident
- Soccer tournament draws thousands of athletes
- Madison police change deadly force procedures
- Guard who dragged teen across floor gets bonus restored
- La Crosse Mayor, Shelby Town Board Chair present boundary agreement
- Volunteer organizes fundraiser for Onalaska Police Department's K-9 unit
- Saints recover late to topple Packers 26-17
- Local entrepreneur brings new cooler to La Crosse
- Olympic trainer helps teach gymnastics coaches
- Volunteers carve 500 pumpkins