LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some patients at La Crosse's Gundersen Health System Wednesday added a splash of color to their ward.
About a dozen kids were able to paint tiles to decorate a wall in the hospital's Oncology Ward.
The permanent decorations were meant to give the pediatric oncology patients an activity to help them through their treatments. Event organizers say the time spent decorating is beneficial in many ways.
"It is a really nice opportunity for the children to get creative and art is just so therapeutic, so just the time they are spending creating and painting is just relaxation and therapy in itself,” said All Glazed Up Owner Karen Bressi.
The tiles and paint were donated by All Glazed Up in La Crosse.
- La Crosse police use nonlethal force to subdue man with knife
- Full Interview: Attorney General Brad Schimel
- Gas leak causes evacuation of homes in La Crosse neighborhood
- ‘Me too' trend highlights scope of sexual harassment, assault
- Assignment: Education - new computer science standards
- La Crosse food pantry against restricting FoodShare to healthier foods
- 'Project Search' provides internships for people with disabilities
- U.S. Rep. Ron Kind unveils plan to protect Mississippi River
- News 8 Sports Round Up - October 17, 2017
- Governor says Minnesota will offer modest bid to Amazon