LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - J. C. Penney Company, Inc. will close 138 stores to align the Company's physical store footprint and omnichannel network as a part of a continuing effort to advance sustainable growth and long-term profitability.
Eight stores in Minnesota, including Winona and Redwing, as well as four in Wisconsin will close beginning this spring. Marinette, Marshfield, Richland Center and Wisconsin Rapids all are affected.
They are also closing one supply chain facility in Lakeland, Fla., and relocating one supply chain facility in Buena Park, CA.
Approximately 5,000 positions nationwide will be impacted by the closures, most of which will occur in June.
- Felony cases keep public defenders busy while defendants wait in jail
- Kwik Trip expansion plans include 300 new jobs in La Crosse area
- 'Miracle Man:' La Crosse man survives heart attack on waterskis
- No major injuries after school bus rollover in Black River Falls
- Wisconsin DNR finds invasive carp in Wisconsin River
- Chronic wasting disease found in buck on Winona County farm
- 2 Minnesota lawmakers to resign amid misconduct allegations
- Numbers in on opening gun/deer weekend
- Attorney: Accused Minnesota state senator to resign
- Soph standouts on D mark strength for Minnesota's future