COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A 32-year-old Missouri Valley woman has been sentenced to nearly 16 years in federal prison in a sex abuse case.
The U.S. Attorney's Office for southern Iowa says Trudy Thomsen was sentenced Wednesday after pleading guilty last year to transporting a minor with intent to engage in sexual activity.
Prosecutors say Thomsen met a 14-year-old girl while working at a group home in Arkansas. After leaving the group home job, Thomsen and her co-defendant, John Thomsen, used social media to convince the teen and another girl to come live with them in Missouri Valley. Prosecutor say the Thomsens engaged in various sexual acts with one of the girls.
John Thomsen was sentenced in January to nearly 20 years in federal prison.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently