WAPELLO, Iowa (AP) - Officials say a 15-year-old girl has died after her motorized scooter was hit by a semitrailer as she tried to cross U.S. 61 in Wapello.
The Hawk Eye reports that Sierra Jane Bowdre died at the scene Monday night. The Iowa State Patrol says the crash happened at 9:50 p.m. when Bowdre was driving west on a city street and tried to cross the highway without yielding to oncoming traffic.
The Iowa State Patrol says the driver of the semi, 57-year-old Steven Lutman, of Colfax, Illinois, was not injured.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US