IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - Police say a 25-year-old Iowa City woman was arrested after officers saw one of the woman's children playing with a rock of crack cocaine.
Officers were dispatched to the apartment of Tiffany Johnson after a child called 911 around 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Johnson was there but told officers that she'd left her three kids home alone when she went to a store. Police say that while officers were talking to Johnson, they saw one of her kids playing with the rock of crack. Police say Johnson acknowledged to officers that she sells crack and that she had some stored in her bedroom.
Johnson remained in Johnson County Jail on Thursday. Online court records don't list the name of her attorney.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016