TOWNSHIP OF GLENDALE, Wis. (WKBT) - Icy road conditions lead to a fatal crash in Monroe County Monday morning.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department says a 22-year-old woman was driving westbound on Highway 71 in the Township of Glendale just after 8 this morning when her car hit ice and crossed the centerline.
The car was hit by another car traveling east. When emergency responders arrived at the scene of the crash, the woman was already dead.
The 72-year-old driver of the other car suffered non-life threatening injuries.
- Kwik Trip expansion plans include 300 new jobs in La Crosse area
- Felony cases keep public defenders busy while defendants wait in jail
- No major injuries after school bus rollover in Black River Falls
- Tomah VA says progress made since 2014 overdose death
- Area fire departments want you to help 'keep the wreath green'
- Chronic wasting disease found in buck on Winona County farm
- New medication drop-off box now available in La Crosse
- Wisconsin DNR finds invasive carp in Wisconsin River
- 'Miracle Man:' La Crosse man survives heart attack on waterskis
- Last-minute preparations for La Crosse Community Thanksgiving Dinner