ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - People who take Highway 35 between Onalaska and Holmen as part of their commute will have to find a different route this week.
The highway will be closed for non-local traffic through Thursday as crews re-pave the stretch of road.
Southbound traffic was closed Tuesday and re-routed to Highway 53 and detoured down Main Street in Onalaska, then back to Highway 35.
Traffic on the southbound lane will re-open Wednesday while the northbound lanes will be closed using the same detour.
On Thursday, crews will be putting the finishing touches on two roundabouts on Riders Club Road and Mason Street.
The entire Highway 35 project should wrap up by the end of the month.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore