ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - People who take Highway 35 between Onalaska and Holmen as part of their commute will have to find a different route this week.
The highway will be closed for non-local traffic through Thursday as crews re-pave the stretch of road.
Southbound traffic was closed Tuesday and re-routed to Highway 53 and detoured down Main Street in Onalaska, then back to Highway 35.
Traffic on the southbound lane will re-open Wednesday while the northbound lanes will be closed using the same detour.
On Thursday, crews will be putting the finishing touches on two roundabouts on Riders Club Road and Mason Street.
The entire Highway 35 project should wrap up by the end of the month.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance