JANESVILLE, Wis. - House Speaker Paul Ryan has won a ninth term in Congress.
Ryan, a Janesville Republican, defeated challenger Ryan Solen, a Mt. Pleasant Democrat, in Tuesday's election.
Ryan was first elected to represent southeastern Wisconsin's 1st Congressional District in 1998. He succeeded John Boehner as speaker last year.
Ryan was under fire during election season from fellow Republicans upset with his messy political divorce from Donald Trump.
Ryan was his party's 2012 vice presidential nominee and could harbor White House ambitions.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest