A suspect has been arrested in a heroin-related death that happened in 2015.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department said Harley Est, 24, of Merrillan was arrested Sunday afternoon in Trempealeau County on homicide charges in Jackson County.
Various agencies received word Est was with Zachary Wittenberg, 32, of La Crosse over the weekend.
A Galesville police officer observed both Est and Wittenberg and stopped them with help from the La Crosse County Sheriff's office.
Est was transported to the Jackson County jail, while Wittenberg was charged with harboring and aiding a felon.
Wittenberg was transported to the Trempealeau County jail.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law