A suspect has been arrested in a heroin-related death that happened in 2015.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department said Harley Est, 24, of Merrillan was arrested Sunday afternoon in Trempealeau County on homicide charges in Jackson County.
Various agencies received word Est was with Zachary Wittenberg, 32, of La Crosse over the weekend.
A Galesville police officer observed both Est and Wittenberg and stopped them with help from the La Crosse County Sheriff's office.
Est was transported to the Jackson County jail, while Wittenberg was charged with harboring and aiding a felon.
Wittenberg was transported to the Trempealeau County jail.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans