A suspect has been arrested in a heroin-related death that happened in 2015.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department said Harley Est, 24, of Merrillan was arrested Sunday afternoon in Trempealeau County on homicide charges in Jackson County.
Various agencies received word Est was with Zachary Wittenberg, 32, of La Crosse over the weekend.
A Galesville police officer observed both Est and Wittenberg and stopped them with help from the La Crosse County Sheriff's office.
Est was transported to the Jackson County jail, while Wittenberg was charged with harboring and aiding a felon.
Wittenberg was transported to the Trempealeau County jail.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers