HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - On Valentine's Day, Holmen high school senior Zack Peterson wanted to make sure everyone felt included.
He handed out a rose to every girl in the school on Tuesday, at a cost of about $450.
Since then, the story has gone viral being featured on several national broadcasts, including ABC's Good Morning America and CNN. It's also being shared across the globe on social media.
Zack says he didn't think his actions would get as much attention as they did.
"That has just been crazy, I was not expecting anything at all, I was just trying to do it out of the kindness of my heart, I was not trying to go for world news or anything at all like that," said Peterson.
Zack bought his flowers at Sam's Club and as it turns out, Thursday it was Zack's turn to be surprised.
Sam's Club dropped in during his robotics club meeting Thursday afternoon to reimburse him for the money he spent on flowers, as well as give him a $500 gift card and a $100 membership to the store.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizare car crash