HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - On Valentine's Day, Holmen high school senior Zack Peterson wanted to make sure everyone felt included.
He handed out a rose to every girl in the school on Tuesday, at a cost of about $450.
Since then, the story has gone viral being featured on several national broadcasts, including ABC's Good Morning America and CNN. It's also being shared across the globe on social media.
Zack says he didn't think his actions would get as much attention as they did.
"That has just been crazy, I was not expecting anything at all, I was just trying to do it out of the kindness of my heart, I was not trying to go for world news or anything at all like that," said Peterson.
Zack bought his flowers at Sam's Club and as it turns out, Thursday it was Zack's turn to be surprised.
Sam's Club dropped in during his robotics club meeting Thursday afternoon to reimburse him for the money he spent on flowers, as well as give him a $500 gift card and a $100 membership to the store.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota