HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - On Valentine's Day, Holmen high school senior Zack Peterson wanted to make sure everyone felt included.
He handed out a rose to every girl in the school on Tuesday, at a cost of about $450.
Since then, the story has gone viral being featured on several national broadcasts, including ABC's Good Morning America and CNN. It's also being shared across the globe on social media.
Zack says he didn't think his actions would get as much attention as they did.
"That has just been crazy, I was not expecting anything at all, I was just trying to do it out of the kindness of my heart, I was not trying to go for world news or anything at all like that," said Peterson.
Zack bought his flowers at Sam's Club and as it turns out, Thursday it was Zack's turn to be surprised.
Sam's Club dropped in during his robotics club meeting Thursday afternoon to reimburse him for the money he spent on flowers, as well as give him a $500 gift card and a $100 membership to the store.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse