HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - On Valentine's Day, Holmen high school senior Zack Peterson wanted to make sure everyone felt included.
He handed out a rose to every girl in the school on Tuesday, at a cost of about $450.
Since then, the story has gone viral being featured on several national broadcasts, including ABC's Good Morning America and CNN. It's also being shared across the globe on social media.
Zack says he didn't think his actions would get as much attention as they did.
"That has just been crazy, I was not expecting anything at all, I was just trying to do it out of the kindness of my heart, I was not trying to go for world news or anything at all like that," said Peterson.
Zack bought his flowers at Sam's Club and as it turns out, Thursday it was Zack's turn to be surprised.
Sam's Club dropped in during his robotics club meeting Thursday afternoon to reimburse him for the money he spent on flowers, as well as give him a $500 gift card and a $100 membership to the store.
- House GOP abruptly pulls troubled health care bill
- Suspect identified in quadruple Wisconsin shooting
- La Crosse Central student saves choking friend
- Walker calls for House vote on health care bill
- Walker, Scott place friendly bet on Wisconsin-Florida game
- Wisconsin lawmakers target lawmaking to lobbying path
- Muslim civil rights group calls on public to fight bigotry
- Mayo helps reunite boy battling cancer with lost teddy bear
- Man charged with leaving crash scene where friend died
- Police find 2 bodies in central Iowa home