HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - On Valentine's Day, Holmen high school senior Zack Peterson wanted to make sure everyone felt included.
He handed out a rose to every girl in the school on Tuesday, at a cost of about $450.
Since then, the story has gone viral being featured on several national broadcasts, including ABC's Good Morning America and CNN. It's also being shared across the globe on social media.
Zack says he didn't think his actions would get as much attention as they did.
"That has just been crazy, I was not expecting anything at all, I was just trying to do it out of the kindness of my heart, I was not trying to go for world news or anything at all like that," said Peterson.
Zack bought his flowers at Sam's Club and as it turns out, Thursday it was Zack's turn to be surprised.
Sam's Club dropped in during his robotics club meeting Thursday afternoon to reimburse him for the money he spent on flowers, as well as give him a $500 gift card and a $100 membership to the store.
- Repeat drug offender in La Crosse held on $50,000 cash bond
- Officials: Poisonous hemlock spreading in parts of Minnesota
- Lawsuits complain that 2x4s, other boards don't measure up
- Former tent city residents find housing
- Protester arrested outside Trump rally faces assault charge
- Man steals police car, leads officers on chase
- Man accused of biting baby daughter to go on trial in August
- Prosecutors seek to uphold 'Making a Murderer' confession
- Iowa couple charged after disabled woman burned in bath
- Trump's putdown of wind energy whips up a backlash in Iowa