HOLMEN, Wis.- As part of Earth Week, students at Prairie View Elementary in Holmen are holding an Environmental Day.
It's meant to help the kids learn more about environmental awareness and what's good for the earth.
They learned about reptiles and their role in our environment. They even had a Mozzarella cheese making demonstration that taught them how to make organic cheese. "They're getting different products, some of them aren't getting as much of a yield, some of them are doing really well, it just depends on if it's getting too hot or how long we're letting it sit so, it's quite an experiment," says teacher and organic farmer Judith Komp.
Along with guest presenters, the 5th graders also presented their own Earth Day projects.
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say