HOLMEN, Wis.- As part of Earth Week, students at Prairie View Elementary in Holmen are holding an Environmental Day.
It's meant to help the kids learn more about environmental awareness and what's good for the earth.
They learned about reptiles and their role in our environment. They even had a Mozzarella cheese making demonstration that taught them how to make organic cheese. "They're getting different products, some of them aren't getting as much of a yield, some of them are doing really well, it just depends on if it's getting too hot or how long we're letting it sit so, it's quite an experiment," says teacher and organic farmer Judith Komp.
Along with guest presenters, the 5th graders also presented their own Earth Day projects.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East