LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A memorial dedicated to Vietnam veterans is coming to La Crosse thanks to a local high school student.
Holmen High School student Jordan Briskey is working with the La Crosse Park and Rec Department to bring his idea to the Veterans Freedom Park near French Island.
The sophomore began the project a year ago when he noticed there was no memorial to vets of the Vietnam war.
Briskey helped form a committee to make the memorial a reality after meetings with the Park and Rec Department and La Crosse businessman Don Weber... who is also a Vietnam veteran.
The committee is currently raising funds for the memorial.
You can make check donations out to the Vietnam Memorial and mail them to:
N7082 Cty Rd W
Holmen, WI 54636
1519 George Street
La Crosse, WI 54603
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Ethics complaint against Town of Campbell Chair withdrawn
- Trempealeau Co. officials upset with DA, turn to Walker
- Two La Crosse businesses receive Travel Green Wisconsin awards for green practices
- Xcel Energy teaches about bioenergy production in La Crosse
- Senate committee to vote on hemp farming bill
- Wisconsin agency leaders working on problems in Foxconn deal
- Minnesota files Amazon bid; offers no details
- Report: $5.4 million in questionable UW transactions
- Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record