HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - U.S. Cellular announced the Final 15 coaches in its Most Valuable Coach program, which includes Travis Kowalski of Holmen High School.
Coach Kowalski will receive $5,000 and U.S. Cellular will also host an event to highlight all 15 finalists.
Fans can vote for their favorite coach through November 14 at TheMostValuableCoach.com. The winning coach will receive a $50,000 donation to the charitable organization of their choosing or their high school athletic department and a trip to Orlando, Florida, for an on-field recognition at the Under Armour High School All-American Game.
“U.S. Cellular congratulates all of the Final 15 coaches, including Travis Kowalski of Holmen High School. The coaches share our passion and dedication for serving our local communities which is evident by their community’s overwhelming support for them,” said John Heimsch, director of sales in Wisconsin. ”We look forward to celebrating their work beyond the game and in their communities.”
U.S. Cellular’s Most Valuable Coach program began on Aug. 22 and gave people the opportunity to honor high school coaches who lead by example, strengthen their teams and give back to their communities. Below are the Final 15 coaches and the high school and city they represent:
1. Luis Ayala, Foxcroft Academy, Dover-Foxcroft, Maine
2. Andrew Bowers, Duncan High School, Duncan, Okla.
3. Dillon Cooper, Wewoka High School, Wewoka, Okla.
4. James Danala, Mount Abram Regional High School, Salem Township, Maine
5. Davis Eidahl, Pekin Community High School, Packwood, Iowa
6. Carrianne Engelhart, Portage High School, Portage, Wis.
7. Will Green, LaFollette High School, Madison, Wis.
8. Ryan Groom, North Mahaska Community School District, New Sharon, Iowa
9. Pat Jauch, Milton High School, Milton, Wis.
10. Travis Kowalski, Holmen High School, Holmen, Wis.
11. August Manz, Thomas Jefferson High School, Council Bluffs, Iowa
12. Mike McGraw, Lewiston High School, Lewiston, Maine
13. John Olson, Gladbrook-Reinbeck Community School, Reinbeck, Iowa
14. Mike Papoccia, Newman Central Catholic High School, Sterling, Ill.
15. Karen Wiederholt, Southwestern Wisconsin High School, Hazel Green, Wis
A panel of judges including Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, Kurt Warner, will help to determine the Most Valuable Coach. Along with the online public voting, which will count as twenty percent of the final score, the judging panel will evaluate the Final 15 coaches based on their leadership qualities and the positive impact they have had on their community, school and players. The winning coach will be announced at noon CT on Nov. 20..
- Walker to launch re-election campaign Nov. 5 in Waukesha
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Wisconsin prison head says more space needed
- Hall of Fame QB Bart Starr to attend Packers game vs. Saints
- Minnesota State considers changing tuition policy
- Watt brothers' Badgers bobblehead unveiled
- Receptionist's family sues over fatal Minnesota school blast
- Iowa City bans smoking, chewing tobacco in all city parks
- Search to resume for missing boater