ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - The head of Minnesota's labor relations agency and a member of Gov. Mark Dayton's cabinet has died.
Dayton's office said Bureau of Mediation Services Commissioner Josh Tilsen passed away early Tuesday morning from complications of a staph infection. Chief of Staff Jaime Tincher said Tilsen's condition quickly worsened after he became ill last week. He was 67.
Tilsen has been part of Dayton's cabinet since the beginning. The governor appointed him to lead the Bureau of Mediation Services in 2011. He's been most visible during controversial union elections like the effort to unionize home health care workers in 2014.
Deputy Commissioner Todd Doncavage will fill Tilsen's role.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US