LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Habitat for Humanity is getting the word out about a new program.
Partnering with local charity Beer by Bike Brigade, volunteers spent Saturday placing door hangers on the homes of people in La Crosse's Lower Northside Depot neighborhood.
The organization is letting people know about a program called Renew, which provides a variety of neighborhood rehab services offered during the summer including beautifying homeowner’s yards and house painting.
Organizers say the program produced a lot of success last year and they are excited to see it move to a new area of the city.
- Officer, 3 others die in Wisconsin shootings
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting