LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Habitat for Humanity is getting the word out about a new program.
Partnering with local charity Beer by Bike Brigade, volunteers spent Saturday placing door hangers on the homes of people in La Crosse's Lower Northside Depot neighborhood.
The organization is letting people know about a program called Renew, which provides a variety of neighborhood rehab services offered during the summer including beautifying homeowner’s yards and house painting.
Organizers say the program produced a lot of success last year and they are excited to see it move to a new area of the city.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather