ROCKLAND, Wis, (WKBT) - Another Habitat home is benefiting a local family, only costing them their hard work.
The 46th Habitat for Humanity La Crosse home is for a Rockland family of nine.
Brickl Brothers, a contractor out of West Salem, volunteered its time to complete the frame of the house. The home is also being built in partnership with Couleecap who is providing funding through Wisconsin's Community Housing Development Organization.
Construction managers say each Habitat home is worth the effort.
"It's just a good feeling to get good, solid homes for these people to live in for many, many years, and that's been our track record, families living in them with generations building on it,” said Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Construction Manager Roger Embke.
Habitat volunteers and the partner family will complete the house together.
This is the 25th year Habitat for Humanity La Crosse has worked in the La Crosse area.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire
- Police arrest minor for threat that closed Iowa high school
- Police: World War II hand grenade found in Marion home
- Death doula guides patients, families through death process