HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - Healthcare will soon be more accessible for a community in our area.
Gundersen Health System is opening a clinic in Holmen in a couple of weeks. The new, 2,000 square foot clinic will offer family medicine, women's health and annual health exams, among other medical services.
Gundersen clinic managers say patient concerns and comments led to opening the new clinic.
"Many of our patients already come from the Holmen community, and so we listened to them and we want to be able to provide care closer to home as that's what we really strive for,” said Gundersen Holmen Clinic Manager Heidi Powell.
The clinic will not have emergency services. Emergency illnesses and injuries will be referred to Onalaska and La Crosse.
The Holmen Clinic opens Monday, March 20. It will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays.
- Family serves others after receiving Thanksgiving meal
- La Crosse Community Thanksgiving Dinner welcomes all
- Onalaska Community Thanksgiving dinner a community effort
- Jackson County family displaced after mobile home fire
- Woman injured in Vernon County car, horse and buggy crash
- Turkey Trot spreads holiday cheer while raising money
- Kwik Trip expansion plans include 300 new jobs in La Crosse area
- Felony cases keep public defenders busy while defendants wait in jail
- No major injuries after school bus rollover in Black River Falls
- Tomah VA says progress made since 2014 overdose death