Gundersen Health System will host its annual Wellness Fest on Saturday, July 26 at the La Crosse Center from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Wellness Fest gives people the opportunity to learn about wellness through education, demonstrations and fun activities.
There will be many demonstrations and attractions held throughout the day. A “Kids Corner” will be available for families with young kids along with an area for parents expecting children to learn about resources for mothers, newborns, infants, toddlers, adolescents and teens.
“With more than 1,500 in attendance in 2013, we are excited to make this year’s event even greater. This will be a special day filled with fun and entertainment while also offering you the opportunity to learn more about good health, food, fashion, fitness, home, family and emotional wellness,” said Shayna Schertz, wellness education specialist, Gundersen Community & Preventive Care Services.
Other attractions include:
- Health screenings and displays, including “The Newborn Behavioral Observation”
- Do-it-yourself demonstrations by The Home Depot, Fresh Finishes by Stacy and Floral Visions
- Shop at area vendor booths and learn about local services
- Fashion show by Macy’s
- Bikes Limited fitting and safety inspections
- Free bike helmets and fittings for kids (while supplies last)
- Kids’ Zone with The Parenting Place and a Home Depot kid’s workshop
Car seat safety check by Safe Kids Coalition (pre-registration encouraged. Call (608) 775-2011.
Floral displays provided by Floral Visions
Gundersen encourages people to bring a nonperishable food or household supply to be donated to area food pantries.
For more information, visit gundersenhealth.org/wellnessfest.