HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - Gundersen Health System officials are celebrating the recent opening of a new clinic in Holmen.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Tuesday for the new 2,000 square foot facility, which officially opened in March.
Tuesday's event included an open house for the community to get a firsthand look at the new clinic, which provides a wide range of services from annual health exams to mammograms and x-rays.
Regional Clinic Manager Heidi Powell says they've had more than 400 patient visits in their first four weeks, which shows how high the demand was for the new clinic.
"We have consistently gotten the feedback that patients wanted a clinic in Holmen, the community is growing, and wanted to be closer to home, and since we've been open, we've continued to get that feedback," said Powell.
The new clinic is open between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Fridays.
However, emergency illnesses and injuries will be referred to Onalaska and La Crosse.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US