Notice sent to all employees - The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Dislocated Worker Program received a business closing and mass layoff notice from Gordy's Chippewa Foods, Inc.
Gordy's Chippewa Foods, Inc sent a notice to all employees Tuesday of potential plant closing or mass layoff.
As of August 23, Gordy's Chippewa Foods, Inc. and certain related entities are the subject of a receivership proceeding and are attempting to find suitable buyers, a release said.
Approximately 1,008 workers at 25 sites may be affected, beginning sixty days from the date of the notice, August 29, 2017.
All of the Gordy's locations are involved including La Crosse, Galesville and Arcadia.
- Viola man killed in Vernon County motorcycle accident
- Soccer tournament draws thousands of athletes
- Madison police change deadly force procedures
- Guard who dragged teen across floor gets bonus restored
- La Crosse Mayor, Shelby Town Board Chair present boundary agreement
- Volunteer organizes fundraiser for Onalaska Police Department's K-9 unit
- Olympic trainer helps teach gymnastics coaches
- Volunteers carve 500 pumpkins
- Wisconsin farmers help harvest corn after neighbor's death
- University of Minnesota starts sexual assault task force