SILVER BAY, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a 14-year-old girl who died after falling from a cliff on the North Shore of Lake Superior was a freshman at Somerset High School in Wisconsin.
Lake County sheriff's officials in Minnesota say Bailey Belisle was visiting Palisade Head near Silver Bay with friends on Sunday when she fell from the top of the cliff. The high point is more than 300 feet above lake level.
The Star Tribune says extra counselors are at the high school to meet with students and staff. Principal Shannon Donnelly says Belisle's death is hitting the students and teachers very hard.
Belisle was a volleyball player. The volleyball game on Tuesday has been rescheduled.
Information from: Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com
- Area National Guard members home after helping with Hurricane Irma cleanup
- E. coli cases raising concerns in La Crosse area
- Ceremony remembers those lost to suicide
- Warm, dry weather leads to early start to fall color season
- Voting Rights Rally in La Crosse to raise awareness on gerrymandering, voter suppression
- New northside McDonald's brings high-tech upgrades
- Back to work for UW-La Crosse football
- News 8 Sports Round Up-September 19, 2017
- Refuge closes Round Lake parking area for a day
- The Latest: Hintz elected leader of Assembly Democrats