WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - Traffic was blocked Monday morning in the town of Hamilton, near West Salem, after a fuel tanker tipped over and began leaking.
The tanker was traveling south on County Highway M when the driver lost control and the vehicle entered a ditch north of Erickson Road. The driver was able to pull the truck back onto the highway, but overcorrected and the tanker overturned, blocking traffic from both directions.
A small amount of fuel leaked from the tanker, but was cleaned up and contained by the West Salem Fire Department.
The driver was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries. He was also ticketed for Inattentive Driving.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off