WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - A popular film festival returns to our area this weekend and next.
Winona's Frozen River Film Festival will offer 81 films, workshops, speeches from film makers and more. The festival offers films and events aimed at engaging and educating our community to become more involved in the world.
The 12th annual international film fest is bringing in film makers from all over the U.S. and Canada this year.
"Having an event where you have both arts and outdoor rec in the winter in Winona is a very unique opportunity for individuals who are coming to Winona and for individuals within Winona,” said Frozen River Film Festival Executive Director Crystal Hegge.
If you would like to attend the Film Fest, the event begins with two showings in Lanesboro this weekend. You can find the complete schedule with times and locations on their website FRFF.org.
- Police K-9 regains mobility in retirement, thanks to Gunnar's Wheels
- Former tent city residents find housing
- Judges affirm 'Making a Murderer' confession was coerced
- Assembly passes ban on pre-existing condition exclusion
- Walker approves ending work permits for 16-, 17-year-olds
- Walker signs bill allowing robot deliveries in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill targeting deadly fentanyl
- Repeat drug offender in La Crosse held on $50,000 cash bond
- Adaptive water skiing clinic helps kids of all abilities enjoy the river in La Crosse
- Water testing begins at La Crosse beaches