WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - A popular film festival returns to our area this weekend and next.
Winona's Frozen River Film Festival will offer 81 films, workshops, speeches from film makers and more. The festival offers films and events aimed at engaging and educating our community to become more involved in the world.
The 12th annual international film fest is bringing in film makers from all over the U.S. and Canada this year.
"Having an event where you have both arts and outdoor rec in the winter in Winona is a very unique opportunity for individuals who are coming to Winona and for individuals within Winona,” said Frozen River Film Festival Executive Director Crystal Hegge.
If you would like to attend the Film Fest, the event begins with two showings in Lanesboro this weekend. You can find the complete schedule with times and locations on their website FRFF.org.
- Officer, 3 others die in Wisconsin shootings
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting