WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - A popular film festival returns to our area this weekend and next.
Winona's Frozen River Film Festival will offer 81 films, workshops, speeches from film makers and more. The festival offers films and events aimed at engaging and educating our community to become more involved in the world.
The 12th annual international film fest is bringing in film makers from all over the U.S. and Canada this year.
"Having an event where you have both arts and outdoor rec in the winter in Winona is a very unique opportunity for individuals who are coming to Winona and for individuals within Winona,” said Frozen River Film Festival Executive Director Crystal Hegge.
If you would like to attend the Film Fest, the event begins with two showings in Lanesboro this weekend. You can find the complete schedule with times and locations on their website FRFF.org.
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- What Wisconsin's roads shortfall could mean for taxpayers
- IRS warns of private debt collector scam
- Marijuana among used clothing donated to Maplewood store
- Suicide attempts increase at juvenile prison in Wisconsin
- Trial delayed for Iowa man charged in woman's cannon death
- Minnesota lawmakers enter final day to wrap up budget
- Barron County puts initial tornado damage estimate at $10M
- Draft horses get back to work in Wisconsin farms, forests