WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - A popular film festival returns to our area this weekend and next.
Winona's Frozen River Film Festival will offer 81 films, workshops, speeches from film makers and more. The festival offers films and events aimed at engaging and educating our community to become more involved in the world.
The 12th annual international film fest is bringing in film makers from all over the U.S. and Canada this year.
"Having an event where you have both arts and outdoor rec in the winter in Winona is a very unique opportunity for individuals who are coming to Winona and for individuals within Winona,” said Frozen River Film Festival Executive Director Crystal Hegge.
If you would like to attend the Film Fest, the event begins with two showings in Lanesboro this weekend. You can find the complete schedule with times and locations on their website FRFF.org.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers