TOWN OF CAMPBELL, Wis. (WKBT) -

A fire in French Island Sunday morning sent one person to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

It happened inside of one of the apartments in War-Leh Manor on Plainview Road.

When firefighters first entered the complex, they found the halls filled with smoke. They later found a resident trapped in their apartment.

The resident was then transported to by ambulance with life-threatening injuries.

The fire department believes the fire started from a cooking appliance.

No other information has been released.