LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse's longest-serving mayor has passed away.
Former mayor Pat Zielke died Wednesday at the age of 85.
Zielke was first elected mayor in 1975 and served in City Hall for 22 years before retiring in 1997.
In 2014, he was one of four former mayors to unveil a display of every mayor in the city's history, alongside current Mayor Tim Kabat.
"I never think of myself as history, but I guess it's something you should be proud of," Zielke said at that event.
Funeral arrangements are still pending.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US