LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse's longest-serving mayor has passed away.
Former mayor Pat Zielke died Wednesday at the age of 85.
Zielke was first elected mayor in 1975 and served in City Hall for 22 years before retiring in 1997.
In 2014, he was one of four former mayors to unveil a display of every mayor in the city's history, alongside current Mayor Tim Kabat.
"I never think of myself as history, but I guess it's something you should be proud of," Zielke said at that event.
Funeral arrangements are still pending.
- Winona police department looking to add community outreach officers
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Outgoing Western president Lee Rasch reflects on legacy