HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - Nearly 40 tenants of an assisted living facility in Holmen are displaced after a fire that may have been caused by Monday afternoon's storms.
Fire officials responded to the Prairie Home Assisted Living Facility at about 1:30 p.m. Monday.
Witnesses say they heard a loud bang when the fire started and fire officials think lightning may have hit the building.
All 37 tenants of the assisted living home made it out of the building without any injuries and are being temporarily placed in other facilities.
The official cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently