LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Saturday morning was a perfect time to be on the river and support and honor those with breast cancer.
For the fifth year, Mayo Clinic Health System hosted the Big Blue Dragon Boat festival on the Black River at Copeland Park.
The Big Blue Dragon Boat Festival raises funds to benefit the Center for Breast Care at Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse.
Heidi Odegaard from Mayo Clinic Health System said the event is a good way for the community to show support for those with breast cancer.
"It's really about building teams and supporting each other. You can see it all around here today. People building each other up, creating that sense of community and celebrating health and wellness," Odegaard said.
Thirty-nine adult teams and seven youth teams participated in the event this year.
- UPDATE: Remaining 2 passengers identified in fatal boating accident, Brownsville
- Man identified in La Crosse fatal officer involved shooting
- Card skimmers found in Cashton
- The Latest: Republican Sen. Johnson troubled by Trump
- La Crosse families receive school supplies through ‘Back 2 School' program
- La Crosse wants to hear from residents about historical designation of Third Street building
- Money approved to purchase body cameras for La Crosse Police Department
- Group holds mental health first aid class
- Rochester man arrested in 3-county chase that ended in crash
- No parking on some La Crosse streets during repairs