WARRENS, Wis. (WKBT) - One person is dead and another injured after a single-vehicle crash in Monroe County Sunday morning.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said the crash happened at 1:55 a.m. in the village of Warrens.
The driver, Yancy Dieter, 44 was traveling eastbound on county Highway EW, east of Jellystone Park Drive when his vehicle went off the road and hit some telephone boxes and trees before rolling on its top.
A passenger in the vehicle died. Dieter was transported to Tomah Memorial Hospital with serious injuries.
Officials believe speed and alcohol were factors in the crash. It is unknown if either person was wearing a seat belt.
The name of the deceased is being withheld, pending notification of family.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Receptionist's family sues over fatal Minnesota school blast
- Iowa City bans smoking, chewing tobacco in all city parks
- Search to resume for missing boater
- Uncertainty reigns ahead of new health care sign-up period
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Packers QB Brett Hundley prepares for 1st NFL start
- Enchanted Forest returns to Myrick Park this weekend
- Lilmose kicks Hillsboro to postseason berth
- News 8 Sports Round Up - October 18, 2017