Patti Lokken helped to bring a Chapter of Operation Homefront to the La Crosse Coulee Region in 2005. She serves on the Board of Directors, which took Operation Homefront statewide in September of 2008 changing the name to Operation Homefront – Wisconsin.
She has been dedicated to helping those who are serving in the military as well as providing support to their families. Her dedication and incredible support to others who are going through a stressful time in their lives makes her an Everyday Hero.
Patti has raised money for military families, organized spaghetti dinners and chili cookoffs.
She has worked with troop morale programs like asking school children to participate in letter writing campaigns, collecting numerous items to be shipped to those serving overseas and participating in Welcome Home events for returning troops.
She helped to establish and organize annual 9/11 Freedom Walks held in Riverside Park in downtown La Crosse to honor veterans, both past and present and local area emergency service providers.
Patti also serves on the Board of Directors of Freedom Honor Flight helping to honor and send WWII Veterans to their Memorial in Washington, D.C.
Heroes Restaurant and NewsChannel 8 are pleased to Honor Patti Lokken as an Everyday Hero.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration