Pat Stephens, Director of Collegiate Special Gifts at the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse, is the October Everyday Hero.
Pat was nominated because of his vision to promote good will, good feelings and good times for La Crosse and the surrounding communities through his leadership and involvement in many organizations and events. Pat's involvement in community organizations and projects such as, Rotary Lights which helps raise food items for eight area food pantries, Irishfest which celebrates the Irish culture through food, music, and Highland competitions, Onalaska Jaycees an organization dedicated to community service projects, a founding member and board member of the Freedom Honor Flight organization, and many more make him an exemplary citizen of this community.
Pat's ability to combine being a loving husband, a father of four, a co-worker, a board member and his positive influence on La Crosse and the surrounding communities has made him our October Everyday Hero.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests