Pat Stephens, Director of Collegiate Special Gifts at the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse, is the October Everyday Hero.
Pat was nominated because of his vision to promote good will, good feelings and good times for La Crosse and the surrounding communities through his leadership and involvement in many organizations and events. Pat's involvement in community organizations and projects such as, Rotary Lights which helps raise food items for eight area food pantries, Irishfest which celebrates the Irish culture through food, music, and Highland competitions, Onalaska Jaycees an organization dedicated to community service projects, a founding member and board member of the Freedom Honor Flight organization, and many more make him an exemplary citizen of this community.
Pat's ability to combine being a loving husband, a father of four, a co-worker, a board member and his positive influence on La Crosse and the surrounding communities has made him our October Everyday Hero.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases