Pat Stephens, Director of Collegiate Special Gifts at the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse, is the October Everyday Hero.
Pat was nominated because of his vision to promote good will, good feelings and good times for La Crosse and the surrounding communities through his leadership and involvement in many organizations and events. Pat's involvement in community organizations and projects such as, Rotary Lights which helps raise food items for eight area food pantries, Irishfest which celebrates the Irish culture through food, music, and Highland competitions, Onalaska Jaycees an organization dedicated to community service projects, a founding member and board member of the Freedom Honor Flight organization, and many more make him an exemplary citizen of this community.
Pat's ability to combine being a loving husband, a father of four, a co-worker, a board member and his positive influence on La Crosse and the surrounding communities has made him our October Everyday Hero.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota