Nikki Miller is a community liaison police officer for the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse campus. She puts in long hours to make sure the campus is safe for students, employees, and anyone who visits or finds their way on campus for events.
Nikki works with all of the dorms on campus to teach residents self-defense tactics, police procedures, and she even hosts touch football games between dorms for students to get to know one another.
Nikki is also the lead sexual assault officer in the department and is focused on educating new students and their parents about campus safety and where to go for help and guidance within the police department.
When off duty, Nikki teaches classes for the Western Technical College Police program, performs patrol duties with University of Wisconsin-Madison PD and other law enforcement agencies near and around Dane Country and also finds time to help her husband with the Hidden Trails Corn Maze in the fall.
Heroes Bar and Grill and News 8 are pleased to have Nikki Miller as the April Everyday Hero!
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Mardi Gras ball raises money for schools, names new rex, queen