Nikki Miller is a community liaison police officer for the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse campus. She puts in long hours to make sure the campus is safe for students, employees, and anyone who visits or finds their way on campus for events.
Nikki works with all of the dorms on campus to teach residents self-defense tactics, police procedures, and she even hosts touch football games between dorms for students to get to know one another.
Nikki is also the lead sexual assault officer in the department and is focused on educating new students and their parents about campus safety and where to go for help and guidance within the police department.
When off duty, Nikki teaches classes for the Western Technical College Police program, performs patrol duties with University of Wisconsin-Madison PD and other law enforcement agencies near and around Dane Country and also finds time to help her husband with the Hidden Trails Corn Maze in the fall.
Heroes Bar and Grill and News 8 are pleased to have Nikki Miller as the April Everyday Hero!
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota