Nikki Miller is a community liaison police officer for the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse campus. She puts in long hours to make sure the campus is safe for students, employees, and anyone who visits or finds their way on campus for events.
Nikki works with all of the dorms on campus to teach residents self-defense tactics, police procedures, and she even hosts touch football games between dorms for students to get to know one another.
Nikki is also the lead sexual assault officer in the department and is focused on educating new students and their parents about campus safety and where to go for help and guidance within the police department.
When off duty, Nikki teaches classes for the Western Technical College Police program, performs patrol duties with University of Wisconsin-Madison PD and other law enforcement agencies near and around Dane Country and also finds time to help her husband with the Hidden Trails Corn Maze in the fall.
Heroes Bar and Grill and News 8 are pleased to have Nikki Miller as the April Everyday Hero!
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser