Mary Tallman is an Onalaska resident who is dedicated to helping people in our community, especially those serving in the military.
Throughout her life, she has volunteered at the American Cancer Association and the American Heart Association, as well as her church and children's schools.
In 1994, she helped start the first "Relay for Life" in Wisconsin.
Mary is currently the President of a Family Readiness Group, which supports military families. She also helps organize care packages, family activities and fundraising as a volunteer with Operation Homefront.
When she isn't working, volunteering, or going to school, Mary is a loving wife and mother of four children.
Mary's devotion to her causes and helping those in need makes her January's Everyday Hero.
- Washout impacting Highway 82 bridge traffic
- Area veterans visit cemeteries, honor fallen heroes
- Riverside Memorial Day ceremony honors sea-based service members
- Service members honored at La Crosse's Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse celebrates Memorial Day with annual parade
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Milwaukee man accused of killing wife, injuring their son
- Authorities: Girl hurt in 60-foot fall at Iowa state park
- C-FC senior has second chance at state gold