Mary Tallman is an Onalaska resident who is dedicated to helping people in our community, especially those serving in the military.
Throughout her life, she has volunteered at the American Cancer Association and the American Heart Association, as well as her church and children's schools.
In 1994, she helped start the first "Relay for Life" in Wisconsin.
Mary is currently the President of a Family Readiness Group, which supports military families. She also helps organize care packages, family activities and fundraising as a volunteer with Operation Homefront.
When she isn't working, volunteering, or going to school, Mary is a loving wife and mother of four children.
Mary's devotion to her causes and helping those in need makes her January's Everyday Hero.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.