Mary Tallman is an Onalaska resident who is dedicated to helping people in our community, especially those serving in the military.
Throughout her life, she has volunteered at the American Cancer Association and the American Heart Association, as well as her church and children's schools.
In 1994, she helped start the first "Relay for Life" in Wisconsin.
Mary is currently the President of a Family Readiness Group, which supports military families. She also helps organize care packages, family activities and fundraising as a volunteer with Operation Homefront.
When she isn't working, volunteering, or going to school, Mary is a loving wife and mother of four children.
Mary's devotion to her causes and helping those in need makes her January's Everyday Hero.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Bridge in Buffalo County collapses, causes car crash
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants