Linda Dickmeyer, Department Chair of the Communication Studies Department at the University of Wisconsin La Crosse, is the September Everyday Hero.
Linda has been a teacher for the past 21 years and has been a professor at UW-La Crosse for the last 10 years. Linda's students describe her as someone who is willing to go above and beyond the requirements of her job. Her students say she pushes them to the best they can be, all while being there as a mentor, a counselor and a friend.
Linda's ability to combine being a loving wife, a mother of three, a professor and department chair and at the same time, going the extra mile with her students, has made her our September Everyday Hero.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017