Linda Dickmeyer, Department Chair of the Communication Studies Department at the University of Wisconsin La Crosse, is the September Everyday Hero.
Linda has been a teacher for the past 21 years and has been a professor at UW-La Crosse for the last 10 years. Linda's students describe her as someone who is willing to go above and beyond the requirements of her job. Her students say she pushes them to the best they can be, all while being there as a mentor, a counselor and a friend.
Linda's ability to combine being a loving wife, a mother of three, a professor and department chair and at the same time, going the extra mile with her students, has made her our September Everyday Hero.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser