Gordon Reberry volunteers for the food pantry at First Free Church in Onalaska, where he sees that the shelves are stocked and kept up to date. When people in need come in, Gordon helps them gather their food items and pack them up. When a delivery is necessary or supplies need to be picked up, Gordon does that too. In addition to volunteering at First Free Church, Gordon also helps with the Hunger Task Force.
Gordon, a former employee of Northwest Airlines, lives with his wife, Debbie, in Brice Prairie. Gordon now spends most of his time volunteering. It's his giving spirit and dedication to helping others in need that make Gordon Reberry a true Everyday Hero. Heroes Bar and Grill and News 8 are proud to recognize him as July's Everyday Hero.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online