Cindy Jefson joined the military in 2005 at the age of 37 and currently works full time for the Wisconsin National Guard at the Viroqua Amory as the Admin/Supply SGT and is the November Everyday Hero.
Cindy was nominated because of her dedication to helping her family and community as well as putting her own life on the line to serve our country. Cindy is a combat veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom and served from May 13, 2009 to May 14, 2010. She is a member of the Westby VFW and also works part time at the Viroqua Police Department as a dispatcher.
For many years, Cindy was a single mother working three jobs just to makes ends meet. She believes that if you want something in life you need to work for it and takes pride in the work she does and the people she helps.
Cindy has happily been married to a wonderful man for the past 11 years and her ability to combine being a loving mother and wife and her dedication to serve our country and community through the military as well as outside of the military has made her our November Everyday Hero.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US