Cindy Jefson joined the military in 2005 at the age of 37 and currently works full time for the Wisconsin National Guard at the Viroqua Amory as the Admin/Supply SGT and is the November Everyday Hero.
Cindy was nominated because of her dedication to helping her family and community as well as putting her own life on the line to serve our country. Cindy is a combat veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom and served from May 13, 2009 to May 14, 2010. She is a member of the Westby VFW and also works part time at the Viroqua Police Department as a dispatcher.
For many years, Cindy was a single mother working three jobs just to makes ends meet. She believes that if you want something in life you need to work for it and takes pride in the work she does and the people she helps.
Cindy has happily been married to a wonderful man for the past 11 years and her ability to combine being a loving mother and wife and her dedication to serve our country and community through the military as well as outside of the military has made her our November Everyday Hero.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river